- 2 cups hazelnuts (10 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in middle.
- Roast nuts in 1 layer in a shallow baking pan in oven until nuts have a toasted aroma and skins are very dark, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 30 minutes, then, if desired, rub in a kitchen towel to remove any loose skins.
- Heat nuts with thyme in oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat, shaking skillet, just until hot. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with sea salt.