We just tried this recipe and completely love it. It's easy to prepare and a healthy dish to boot! The recipe serves 8 but I scaled it back for 4 and wish that I would have left the shallot, lemon, butter sauce at the full amount - it's so....good. The beets could easily be left off if you don't like them. We adore pickled beets so we ended up putting more on than the recipe calls for. The recipe is from June 2008 Eating Well magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Coat a 9X13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3Crumble bread into coarse crumbs; place in small bowl and toss with 2tsp oil.
- 4Heat remaining 2tsp oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- 5Add shallots and cook, stirring until softened.
- 6Pour in lemon juice and bring to a boil, stirring gently.
- 7Removed from the heat and add butter.
- 8Swirl the pan, letting the butter melt and slightly thicken the sauce.
- 9Stir in capers.
- 10Sprinkle fish with salt and place in the prepared baking dish.
- 11Pour the pan sauce over the fish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- 12Bake the fish until it is opaque in the center, about 15-18 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
- 13Serve each portion topped with about 3 tablespoons of pickled beets.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Halibut With Pickled Beets
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.2
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Sodium 360.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 25.0 g