Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We just tried this recipe and completely love it. It's easy to prepare and a healthy dish to boot! The recipe serves 8 but I scaled it back for 4 and wish that I would have left the shallot, lemon, butter sauce at the full amount - it's so....good. The beets could easily be left off if you don't like them. We adore pickled beets so we ended up putting more on than the recipe calls for. The recipe is from June 2008 Eating Well magazine.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat a 9X13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Crumble bread into coarse crumbs; place in small bowl and toss with 2tsp oil.
- Heat remaining 2tsp oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook, stirring until softened.
- Pour in lemon juice and bring to a boil, stirring gently.
- Removed from the heat and add butter.
- Swirl the pan, letting the butter melt and slightly thicken the sauce.
- Stir in capers.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and place in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour the pan sauce over the fish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake the fish until it is opaque in the center, about 15-18 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Serve each portion topped with about 3 tablespoons of pickled beets.