Recipe by Seamouse
A great alternative to fast-food French fries, my family and friends love these as a snack or hors d'oeuvre. No matter how many I make, it's never enough!
Top Review by Cookin'ontheFly
Our family loves these. What a healthy, nice recipe!
(Update) While I really liked them when I first made these, after a few changes, I am loving them even more. I used extra fine frozen greens beans from Aldi. I roasted them (frozen) at 420 for 40-50 minutes. I also omitted the pepper. I served them with balsamic reduction (just boil a cup of balsamic vinegar for about 20 minutes or until it reduces a little to make a light syrup). Soooo fantastic this way!! Would highly recommend trying them with the vinegar reduction.
- 2 lbs green beans
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil (or just enough to lightly coat beans)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste, may substitute with Mrs. Dash if desired)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (or to taste, omit if using Mrs. Dash)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash, dry well, and trim green beans.
- Put green beans on a jelly roll pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste (I like them salty so I use about 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and about 8-10 grinds of the pepper mill). *Mrs. Dash may be substituted for salt and pepper as desired.
- Use your hands to be sure all the beans are evenly coated and spread them out into 1 layer.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning after 15 minutes, until beans are fairly brown in spots and somewhat shriveled.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.