Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This rich, luxurious appetizer is well worth the time to make! Prep time does not include overnight refrigeration. An adopted recipe.
- 1 lb low fat cottage cheese
- 1 lb boucheron cheese (scrape off coating of wood ash or buy without, preferably) or 1 lb cream cheese
- 2 heads roasted garlic, pureed
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Rub the cottage cheese through a sieve into a mixing bowl.
- With a wooden spoon or electric mixer, beat the goat cheese and the roasted garlic puree into the cottage cheese.
- Beat in the yogurt. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Line 8 coure a la creme molds with damp cheesecloth, allowing an overhang.
- Spoon mixture into molds, then wrap and place on rack over a deep plate.
- Refrigerate overnight to drain.
- Unwrap and un-mold onto 8 small plates. Discard cheesecloth.
- Serve with thin brown bread, toast, or bagels and slices of smoked salmon, if desired.
- Note: lacking coeur a la creme molds, spoon mixture into a cheesecloth-lined colander and refrigerate overnight to drain. Un-mold onto a serving platter and allow each diner to scoop off a portion.
I substituted vanilla yogurt and it was even more fab