Recipe by Phil Franco
Recipe courtesy Emeril's Creole Christmas by Emeril Lagasse with Marcelle Bienvenu, published by William Morrow and Company, Inc., 1997
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb tiny fresh green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch green beans in boiling water for 1 minute, then shocked in a cold-water bath.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the fennel and onions in a roasting pan. Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to coat evenly. Roast until soft and lightly browned, about 1 hour, tossing once or twice. Let cool.
- Combine the fennel mixture with the beans and toss to mix. Serve at room temperature.