Recipe by Ladies of the Lake-eM Cee
Weight Watcher recipe. I haven't tried yet, but sure sounds great! 1 point
- 1 medium raw eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sweet cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canned tomato paste
- 1 lb Italian bread, cut into thirty-two 1/2 oz slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Arrange all ingredients, except tomato paste and bread slices, in bottom of a roasting pan; mix well to coat.
- Roast until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes.
- Place eggplant mixture in a food processor and add tomato paste; pulse about 6 times until very small pieces form (do not puree until smooth).
- Toast bread slices.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of eggplant mixture on each bread slice and serve. Yields 1 per serving.