Recipe by JanetB-KY
Posting this for ZWT 2006 (Italian region) this is simple, not overly spiced, not overly complicated; just good homey Italian comfort food. Cook this with Baby Potatoes right in the pan and take care of the bulk of your meal all in one dish. Cook time includes refrigerator time.
- 2267.96 g roasting chickens, Quartered
- 73.94 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 sprig fresh rosemary
- 4 large garlic cloves, Peeled And Halved
- salt & pepper
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 907.18 g baby potatoes, with skin left on
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the rosemary, and place it in a a large flat ovenproof dish with the olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic.
- Place the chicken quarters in this dish, and turn the pieces to coat with the mixture; cover with plastic wrap, and let sit in the refrigerator for one to two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the dish with the chicken into the oven, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn the chicken pieces, and add the potatoes if using into the pan with the chicken, coating them with the chicken's juices and salting and peppering the chicken and potatoes to your own taste.
- Reduce the heat to 375 degrees F., and cook an additional 20 to 30 minutes, or until the juices run clear when the chicken is pricked, and the potatoes are tender when pricked with a fork.
- Serve hot on a platter with the roasted baby potatoes, garnished with fresh rosemary sprigs.