1/8 Photos of Roasted Chicken With Moroccan Spices
1 hr 30 mins
This is a Tyler Florence recipe. It's filled with intense Moroccan flavor and it's very easy to make. Roasted chicken with a twist! Give it a try when you're looking for a yummy change of pace. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chicken, about 4 pounds
- 1 cinnamon stick, chopped in pieces
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1/4 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Rinse chicken with cool water, inside and out - then pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Combine the cinnamon stick, cloves, cayenne, cumin, fennel, coriander and paprika in a dry skillet over low heat and toast for a minute - just to release the fragrant oils - shake pan so spices don't scorch.
- 4In a clean coffee grinder, grind the toasted spices together with the sea salt and brown sugar.
- 5Massage the chicken skin with the spice rub, making sure you don't miss any spots.
- 6Season the inside of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- 7Stuff the lemon halves, cilantro and garlic into the cavity of the chicken.
- 8Place the chicken into a roasting pan, fitted with a rack, and fold the wing tips under the chicken and tie the legs together with kitchen string.
- 9Drizzle oil all over chicken. If you have the time, let the chicken sit for 30 minutes to really let the flavors meld into the chicken.
- 10Roast the chicken for one hour, then check with an instant read thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh - if it reads 160 degrees F, then it's done!
- 11Take the chicken out of the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes before carving - so the juices can settle back into the meat.
- 12Squeeze the lemon halves that have cooked inside the chicken over the meat for added wow.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken With Moroccan Spices
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 848.9
- Calories from Fat 581
- Total Fat 64.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 1114.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 58.4 g