1 hr 25 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400*F.
- 2Starting at the neck end of the chickens, slide your fingers between the skin and breasts to loosen the skin.
- 3Place 2 sage leaves under the skin of each breast; sprinkle chickens with salt and pepper.
- 4Transfer the chickens, skin side up, to a medium roasting pan; roast for 20-25 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, simmer 3/4 cup of the white wine, the preserves, and shallots in a small, heavy saucepan until the glaze is slightly thickened, about 6 minutes.
- 6Stir in the chopped sage and chili powder.
- 7Brush 1/2 the glaze on the chickens and cook for 10 minutes more.
- 8Then brush with remaining glaze and roast until the chickens are cooked through and the glaze is bubbling, about 10 minutes more.
- 9Transfer chickens to a heated platter.
- 10Spoon off the fat from the juices in the roasting pan; place the pan directly atop 2 burners over medium heat.
- 11Add the remaining 3/4 cup wine and boil until the liquid is reduced by 1/3, about 5 minutes.
- 12Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- 13Cut the chickens into serving pieces, transfer to a serving platter, and spoon the sauce over the chickens.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken with Chili-Sage Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1094.1
- Calories from Fat 622
- Total Fat 69.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 340.1 mg
- Sodium 414.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 85.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves