Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 lbs new potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 2 small onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Combine first 2 ingredients in a large heavy duty zip-top plastic bag.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and pour into plastic bag.
- Shake well to coat.
- Place potato mixture in an ungreased 13x9 inch pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
Oh WOW!! This was fantastic. The caraway seeds had an incredible aroma while the potatoes were roasting and the taste was truly out of this world. Thanks for posting this. I am putting this on my Thanksgiving menu. Thanks.
I made this for the in-law visit. You know the one where you worry and fret over what to cook because your MIL is the world's best cook. Well your potato dish was a great choice. Couldn't have been any easier to prepare. The potatoes and onions were very tender and the flavor and scent of the caraway seed was really something special. She even asked ME for the recipe. WOW, now that is a compliment. Thanks Nurse Di.
I made these potatoes for our dinner today and my husband and I emptied the dish.They were so good that I am going to fix them again tomorrow night. This recipe was so easy to prepare and so tasty.When ever I try a new receipe and my husband says "you can make this again SOON" I know I've come up with a winner.