1/2 Photos of Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
1 hr 30 mins
A great thick and creamy soup-the apple cider ads an extra nice flavor to this. From Family Circle magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Peel and seed squash and cut into 8 wedges. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and roast in the oven for one hour.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large pot,and the chopped onion and sauté 5 minutes.
- 4Add the roasted squash, 4 cloves of crushed garlic, the apple, the 5 cups chicken broth, the 1 cup of cider, and the 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 5Simmer 30 minutes, until apple is very soft.
- 6Puree in food processor.
- 7Garnish with sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.3
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 775.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 5.0 g