Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Woman's Day magazine For a simple side that’s packed with vitamin A, Brussels sprouts are the way to go. Here, the veggies are halved and marinated for up to a day in a mixture of ground pepper, minced garlic, olive oil and lemon juice, then roasted until crisp-tender before serving.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 (10 ounce) containers Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 500ºF. Line a rimmed 15 x 10-in. baking sheet with nonstick foil. Mix oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large ziptop bag. Add sprouts, seal and turn to coat.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet. Roast 15 minutes, or until crisp-tender when pierced. Sprinkle with lemon zest and juice; toss to coat.
This is a great way to cook brussels sprouts. DH who doesn't like too much brussels sprouts liked this recipe. The lemon and garlic is great with the sprouts. Thanks chrish :) Made for PAC Spring 2013