Recipe by Trinkets
Never eat boring boiled sprouts again. Brussel sprouts were grown to be roasted with olive oil, Kosher salt, and freshly cracked pepper. Or you can even live a little and add Andouille sausage, or garlic or chestnuts. This is a great side dish to almost any entree. Enjoy y'all!
Top Review by loof
Great brussels sprouts! Mine were pretty big so I cut them in half instead of cutting the 'x' in the core. Cooked them until they were nice and brown and loved the rich flavor. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2010 Event (recommended by Maito)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean and trim the sprouts and remove any discolored outer leaves.
- Using a small paring knife, make a deep x in the end of each stem. This allows even cooking.
- Toss with olive oil and season with the salt and pepper in a baking dish.
- Pop into the oven and cook for approximately 45 minutes, (toss occasionally) or until the sprouts are tender and some of the outer leaves are browning.