Recipe by InnerHarmonyNutrition
From a local organic grocery store.
Top Review by jnpj
This is a great recipe! We had some fresh, home-grown beets to use, and I thought this recipe sounded like a different way to use them. The orange juice adds a bit of extra sweetness, and the dill adds a great kick of flavor. Thanks for the tasty recipe!
- 4 -6 beets, greens trimmed and stems left on
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise, then quartered
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Place the beets in a small ovenproof pan with a little water; cover tightly with foil. Roast for 50 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the size of the beets. Test with a fork for tenderness. Cool, then cut off the stem ends and slip off the skins. Cut in half or in bite-size pieces; keep them warm until carrots are roasted.
- Carrots will cook in less time than the beets. In a separate baking pan, coat them with the olive oil and roast for 15 to 25 minutes, depending on their size, until fork-tender. Combine beets and carrots with melted butter and juice; add salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped dill.