1/7 Photos of Roasted Beet Salad With Horseradish Cream Dressing
1 hr 10 mins
This combination of sweet beets and hot horseradish is a mild, delicious taste treat and a great side dish with grilled meats. A twist on the presentation of the Eastern Europen dish called Tsvikly. From Food and Drink magazine. Hope you enjoy! *Note, please use a very hot, prepared horseradish sauce to offset the mildness of the cream. If you do not have hot horseradish, then please be prepared for a very mild flavoured dressing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Wash and trim beets, but do not peel.
- 3Place on a large piece of foil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then fold up in a loose package sealing seams tightly.
- 4Place foil package on a baking sheet and roast for 1 hour or until beets are tender.
- 5Let cool, then peel and thinly slice the beets.
- 6Refrigerate until serving.
- 7Whip cream until thick but not stiff, fold in sour cream and horseradish and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Refrigerate until serving.
- 9To serve, slice onion into thin rings, divide lettuce among serving plates.
- 10Top with beet slices and onion rings and drizzle with dressing.
- 11Sprinkle dill on top.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Beet Salad With Horseradish Cream Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.6
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 44.4 mg
- Sodium 60.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 2.0 g