Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love roasted beets...they get particulary earthy and sweet. I can't wait for the beets in my gardent to get big enough to pick to make this very simple yet flavor-packed salad this year.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Rinse and peel beets and slice into wedges. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with Salt and pepper.
- Wrap the beets in aluminum foil. Place them directly on the center rack and bake about 25-30 until tender when pierced and slightly carmelized. Reserve the juices in the bottom of the foil.
- Rinse and dry the arugula. Cut the leaves into strips.
- Make the vinaigrette:
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, orange zest, salt and pepper to the beet juice and whisk well.
- Place the arugula in a frying pan, on medium heat with the additional olive oil. Stir in the warm oil till just wilted (about 2 - 3 minutes)
- Combine the beets, onion, arugula and dressing in a large bowl and toss.
Enjoyed the dressing very much although I did not add the entire amount of beet juice! Added some goat cheese and my hubby actually said that was his favorite part.