I love roasted beets...they get particulary earthy and sweet. I can't wait for the beets in my gardent to get big enough to pick to make this very simple yet flavor-packed salad this year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Rinse and peel beets and slice into wedges. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with Salt and pepper.
- 2Wrap the beets in aluminum foil. Place them directly on the center rack and bake about 25-30 until tender when pierced and slightly carmelized. Reserve the juices in the bottom of the foil.
- 3Rinse and dry the arugula. Cut the leaves into strips.
- 4Make the vinaigrette:
- 5Add the olive oil, vinegar, orange zest, salt and pepper to the beet juice and whisk well.
- 6Place the arugula in a frying pan, on medium heat with the additional olive oil. Stir in the warm oil till just wilted (about 2 - 3 minutes)
- 7Combine the beets, onion, arugula and dressing in a large bowl and toss.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Beet and Wilted Greens Salad W/ Orange Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.3
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: