This ice cream is not the easiest to make, given that there are a couple of steps involved, however it's mighty tasty and my children love it --we hid it from my husband because we wanted more for the 3 of us. And he's been traveling a ton, so it was easy to keep it a secret. http://www.elanaspantry.com/roasted-banana-coconut-ice-cream/
- 1. Place bananas and dates in a 11-by-7-Inch Pyrex baking dish.
- 2. Drizzle with vanilla and coconut oil.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 35 to 45 minutes, until bananas begin to caramelize and smell fragrant --do not let burn.
- 4. Place banana fixins and coconut milk in vita-mix and puree on highest setting until smooth.
- 5. Place mixture in ice cream maker and freeze according to directions.
- 6. Top with nuts, berries or sprinkles and serve.