Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs medium asparagus, trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh lemon juice
- Put a rack in middle of oven and preheat oven to 500°F.
- Toss asparagus with oil on a large baking sheet with sides, then spread out in one layer.
- Roast, shaking pan every 2 minutes, until barely tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle asparagus with shallots and sesame seeds and roast until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 1 minute more.
- Sprinkle with salt and lemon juice.