Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 large egg
- 1 lb medium asparagus (about 1 large bunch)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put the egg in a small saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cover the pot, and remove from the heat; set aside for 10 minutes. Drain; roll the egg between your palm and the counter to crack the shell, and then peel under cool running water.
- Trim the woody ends from the asparagus. Spread the spears in a single layer on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with the salt, and roll to coat thoroughly. Roast the asparagus until lightly browned and tender, about 8 minutes, giving the pan a good shake about halfway through to turn the asparagus. Arrange the roasted asparagus on a serving platter. Rub the egg through a medium-mesh strainer and sprinkle it over the asparagus.
- Grind a generous amount of black pepper over the top. Serve warm or room temperature.