Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My sister in law is not much of a cook, but when she came up with this recipe...it was a winner! It did call for 2 T olive oil, but I cut it down as I did not think all of it was needed This can be served warm or at room temperature
- 2 lbs asparagus
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly grounded
- 1 -2 ounce asiago cheese, grated (or Parmesan cheese)
- 1 ounce prosciutto, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450. Trim woody ends from asparagus. Spread the spears in a single layer in a shallow baking pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Sprinkle with salt.
- Drizzle with olive oil; shake pan back and forth to coat asparagus.
- Roast asparagus until lighly browned and tender, about 10 minutes, giving the pan a good shake about halfway through.
- Spread the roasted asparagus on a serving platter. Grind with a generous amount of pepper over and shave the Asiago into wide flakes on top.
- Tear the prosciutto into ragged pieces and scatter on top.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.