A great side to roast chicken, these vegetables are also delicious served on a bed of mixed greens and drizzled with a little more oil and vinegar. They are equally good warm or at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the asparagus and the mushrooms with the olive oil to coat (adding a little more if necessary).
- Sprinkle with the coarse salt.
- Spread the vegetables on two cookie sheets so they are not touching.
- Roast for about 20 to 25 minutes, shaking the pans occasionally so that the vegetables do not stick, until the asparagus is nicely browned and the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Remove the pans from the oven and arrange the vegetables on individual plates or a serving platter.
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and season with the salt the pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Have to say I gravitate to Dancer's recipes - right up my taste alley. I liked the texture of the veggies and took the suggestion to put them on mixed greens with some basalmic.
Had a bunch of asparagus and some shiitake mushrooms and a few oyster mushrooms so this was great! I actually roasted the asparagus at 450 F but I took the heat down to 400 F and roasted the mushrooms separately. Love asparagus and mushrooms!! Thanks!