Recipe by Dancer^
A great side to roast chicken, these vegetables are also delicious served on a bed of mixed greens and drizzled with a little more oil and vinegar. They are equally good warm or at room temperature.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and peeled
- 1 lb small shiitake mushroom, rinsed,stems removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the asparagus and the mushrooms with the olive oil to coat (adding a little more if necessary).
- Sprinkle with the coarse salt.
- Spread the vegetables on two cookie sheets so they are not touching.
- Roast for about 20 to 25 minutes, shaking the pans occasionally so that the vegetables do not stick, until the asparagus is nicely browned and the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Remove the pans from the oven and arrange the vegetables on individual plates or a serving platter.
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and season with the salt the pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.