- 1 lb asparagus spear (thick spears are best for roasting)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse clean the asparagus. Break the tough ends off of the asparagus and discard.
- Lay the asparagus spears out in a single layer in a baking dish or a foil-covered roasting pan. Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus spears, roll the asparagus back and forth until they are all covered with a thin layer of olive oil. (Alternatively you can put the asparagus and oil in a plastic bag, and rub the bag so that the oil gets evenly distributed.) Sprinkle with minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Rub over the asparagus so that they are evenly distributed.
- Place pan in oven and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes, depending on how thick your asparagus spears are, until lightly browned and tender when pierced with a fork. Drizzle with fresh lemon juice before serving.