Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted to the Cooking Dragon mailing list by Susan.
- 1 lb asparagus spear (thick spears are best for roasting)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse clean the asparagus. Break the tough ends off of the asparagus and discard.
- Lay the asparagus spears out in a single layer in a baking dish or a foil-covered roasting pan. Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus spears, roll the asparagus back and forth until they are all covered with a thin layer of olive oil. (Alternatively you can put the asparagus and oil in a plastic bag, and rub the bag so that the oil gets evenly distributed.) Sprinkle with minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Rub over the asparagus so that they are evenly distributed.
- Place pan in oven and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes, depending on how thick your asparagus spears are, until lightly browned and tender when pierced with a fork. Drizzle with fresh lemon juice before serving.
I made this using the pencil thin asparagus and it worked out real well. They took the full 10 minutes to roast.
I have made this recipe many times in the past...just never thought to post it! However you do this, it is delicious. Sometimes we leave the lemon juice out, especially when it is going with beef instead of fish! We often add other veggies...onions, red bell peppers, zucchini, and add a little more olive oil. I've served this at holiday dinners, and it is always one of the most complimented. I'm so glad you posted it. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag.