Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is super simple and very delicious.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Snap off the ends of the asparagus.
- Lay the asparagus in a roasting pan so that they do not overlap.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, roll until they are all coated.
- Bake at 500F for 5 minutes, turn the asparagus and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with lemon wedges if desired.
Outstanding! This is by far the tastiest asparagus we have ever cooked. Very simple to cook, I placed the asparagus in a ziploc, added a bit of olive oil & s&p, shook it up & onto a baking sheet. They roasted for about 8 minutes in a very hot oven, and about half way through cooking, just tossed them around a bit so they didn't burn. Added a sprinkling of parmesano reggiano & they barely made it to the table. Will definitely be making these babies again - real soon!
My picky eater 14 year old daughter asked for seconds...need I say more?
Served this at my Easter dinner, and it got rave reviews. I trimmed & cut the asparagus spears into 4" pieces, then placed them in a zip-top bag, drizzled on some extra virgin olive oil, salt & pepper & let them marinate in the fridge while the turkey was in the oven. When the turkey was done, I cranked the oven up to 500F, tossed the asparagus into a roasting pan & into the oven it went. I left off the lemon since I didn't have it on hand. Quick, easy, & definitely delicious - perfect side dish for Easter or anytime. Much better than steamed or boiled asparagus. Thanks for posting! -M :-)