Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Finnish dish, quite easy to make and great with spicy sliced potatoes or mashed potatoes.
- 300 g deep-frozen reindeer meat
- 100 g greasy pork or 100 g american bacon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 200 ml beer (homemade, if possible) or 2 water
- Thaw reindeer meat just so that the meat slices get loose of each other.
- Cut the bacon up slices.
- Roll the beacon slices in hot pan so long, that the fat melts. Add the reindeer meat and brown it lightly with the bacon.
- Add spices and beer/water. Keep it under a lid for about a half an hour.
- Prepare mashed potatoes, put it in a bowl and make a groove in the middle of the mashed potatoes. Pour the roast reindeer in it.
- Serve with cowberryjam.