Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is such an elegant entree. The presentation is just beautiful - with the chops bones - and the beautifully browned crust.....so good. I served this with smashed garlic potatoes and Favorite Creamed Spinach - Favorite Creamed Spinach
- 2 racks of lamb, Frenched
- 1 cup good breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine bread crumbs, rosemary, parsley, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice - salt and pepper to taste. Mix.
- In a roasting pan, roast lamb bone side down (cover the frenched bones with foil to keep from burning, if desired). Roast for about 25 minutes.
- Remove lamb from oven, pack the herb-crumb mixture on the meat side of the lamb, pressing firmly.
- Broil for 4-6 minutes more, or until the crust is browned. (Medium would be an internal temperature of 160 degrees).
- Arrange the racks, meat/crust side out, weave the bones together so it stands up. Let lamb sit for about 10 minutes before serving. To serve, grasp the bone, and with a sharp knife cut a chop off, or if desired, cut double chops for a pretty presentation.