Recipe by Chef Paley
This was the specialty of the landmark, "Crossroads" Pizzeria in South Fallsburg, NY. It's the place where Catskill Resort workers and guests, "up for the whole season," would go for Pizza or Roast Pork sandwiches when they needed a break from the Jewish cooking at the hotels. The garlic bread is made with "pastrami seasoning".
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, smashed in small chunks
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 baguette, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 lb whole pork tenderloin
Directions See How It's Made
- Honey Roasted Loin of Pork: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Mix together the honey and brown sugar. Roll the pork loin in to coat. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, or until an inserted meat thermometer reads 155 to 160 degrees F. Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Duck Sauce: Mix together apricot jam, cider vinegar and water.
- Garlic Bread: In a saute pan, melt the butter and olive oil. Add the garlic and saute until softened. Let rest for at least 15 minutes. (The longer it rests, the more garlic-y it will be).
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Mix the coriander seeds with the paprika and cumin seeds. Paint the bread halves with the garlic mixture. Sprinkle on the spice mixture. Wrap the load in foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil, separate the halves, and bake for 5 more minutes, or until crunchy.
- Assembly: Cut bread into 4 portions. Shmear with Duck Sauce. Cover with the sliced Honey Roasted Loin and enjoy!