Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
this recipoe came from my mother-in-laws highschool cookbook from Molokai. My whole family likes this one!
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dark soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 -4 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- pork roast (any)
- Stir together sauce ingredients adding only 1 minced garlic clove.
- place roast in crockpot.
- slice remaining garlic cloves and tuck into roast Pour sauce over roast and cook 6-8 hrs.
- turn roast over half way through cooking.
- Serving suggestions; serve with rice and Ramen Salad or Coconut Carrot Salad.
This was ok - I left out the salt and used a Low Sodium Soy sauce, becasue I'm not big on salt. The garlic gave it a good flavor throughout,though. Might be better cooked in the oven, than the crock pot - it did tend to be rather dry - but was certainly tender.
The flavor of the sauce was very nice, but the roast came out extremely dry. Maybe it needs to be browned in a skillet first.
I found this too salty so I would probably omit the salt or def use less.