Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Chicken
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, split in half
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 small onion, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350. Rinse chicken inside and out. Pat dry.
- Season inside and out with salt and pepper. Rub garlic all over the skin, then place inside cavity.
- Stuff lemon and onion in cavity.
- Tie legs together. Place chicken breast side up in roasting pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, until juices run clear.