Recipe by yooper
The Middle Eastern spices infuse a wonderful, exotic flavor to the chicken. The aroma of this roasting in your oven may inspire you to belly dance!
Top Review by Za'atar
This is an excellent recipe. I've been making it for a while now but never posted a review. I keep the spice mix around for grilled chicken breasts as well. I serve it with yogurt cucumber sauce on the side.
- 1 (6 lb) roasting chickens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large lemon, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Place chicken on rack in large roasting pan.
- Stir oil and next 7 ingredients in small bowl to form paste.
- Rub spice paste all over chicken.
- Roast chicken 1 hour.
- Squeeze juice from lemon halves over chicken, place lemon halves inside main cavity.
- Continue to roast until chicken is cooked through and thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 175, about 1 hour longer.
- Transfer to platter, let stand 15 minutes.