Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
Kitchen Life, Art Smith
Make and share this Roast Chicken Waldorf Salad With Pecans and Rosemary recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (9 ounce) chicken breast halves, with skin and bone
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (regular or light)
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 scallion, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 head boston lettuce or 1 head butter lettuce, torn into individual leaves
- Position oven rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 400°.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; place in a small roasting pan.
- Roast until the chicken is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 170°, about 40 minutes.
- Cool completely; discard skin and bones, and cut the meat into bite-sized pieces (should have 2 cups of chopped chicken).
- Combine the chicken, mayonnaise, pecans, apple, celery, scallion, and rosemary in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- For each serving—make a bed of lettuce leaves on a plate; mound the salad on the lettuce and serve immediately.