1 hr 40 mins
Kitchen Life, Art Smith
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (9 ounce) chicken breast halves, with skin and bone
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (regular or light)
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 scallion, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 head boston lettuce or 1 head butter lettuce, torn into individual leaves
- 1Position oven rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 400°.
- 2Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; place in a small roasting pan.
- 3Roast until the chicken is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 170°, about 40 minutes.
- 4Cool completely; discard skin and bones, and cut the meat into bite-sized pieces (should have 2 cups of chopped chicken).
- 5Combine the chicken, mayonnaise, pecans, apple, celery, scallion, and rosemary in a bowl.
- 6Season with salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- 7For each serving—make a bed of lettuce leaves on a plate; mound the salad on the lettuce and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken Waldorf Salad With Pecans and Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.0
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 131.0 mg
- Sodium 341.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 42.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: