Expat in Holland's Note:
I tried this recipe years ago when I found a basic recipe in an old Sunset Living magazine. I have since, in the years, tweaked it to our liking, adding ingredients and changing amounts of others. The cooking at a high temp seals in the moisture of the chicken so that it is always juicy. Do not be alarmed if the outside or skin looks a bit over down, it is not. This is my husband's favorite chicken dish that he request often. Comfort food at it's best! I like to serve this with a green vegetable and rice side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven at 400°F.
- 2In a baking pan, coat with baking spray.
- 3In a bowl combine paprika, garlic powder, cajun spices, salt, pepper and brown sugar. Mix together well.
- 4Place chicken on baking pan, meat side up. Sprinkle chicken with 1/3 of spice mixture, rubbing into the meat.
- 5Turn chicken over, meat side down, and sprinkle chicken with 1/3 of spice mixture.
- 6Leaving Chicken in pan, meat side down, place pan, uncovered, in oven and bake 25 minutes.
- 7Remove pan from oven, and turn chicken over, so that meat side is up. Sprinkle with remaining spice mixture.
- 8Place pan back into oven and bake another 15 to 18 minutes.
- 9Remove pan from oven and let set 5minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken Paprika
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 293.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: