This is from one of my Food and Wine cookbooks. They say to serve this with a sauvignon blanc from New Zealand
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 425. In a large roasting pan, toss the potatoes and garlic with 1 ½ tablespoons of the oil and ½ teaspoon salt.
- 2Put the pan in the upper third of the oven and cook, stirring once, for 15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile coat the chicken with 1 tablespoon of the oil; arrange the pieces, skin-side up, in a smaller roasting pan.
- 4Sprinkle the chicken with lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- 5Top each piece of chicken with a piece of the butter.
- 6Stir the potatoes. Put the chicken in the oven with the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- 7Add the asparagus, the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper to the potatoes.
- 8Stir and continue to cook until the chicken, potatoes and asparagus are done, 10-15 minutes longer.
- 9Remove both pans from the oven. Toss the potatoes and asparagus with the lemon zest. Serve with the chicken.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Chicken New Potatoes and Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.3
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 100.4 mg
- Sodium 139.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 36.9 g