Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another great recipe using Ro*Tel tomatoes.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) canro*tel original tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 4 large potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked (about 4 cups)
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (1 lb) bagfrozen French style green bean, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325º. In a large skillet, sauté ground beef, onion and garlic until meat is browned; drain excess fat.
- Stir in Ro*Tel tomatoes; simmer 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread in bottom of 3-quart casserole dish.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat potatoes and 3 tablespoons butter until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt remaining butter; stir into green beans. Season with salt and pepper. Top casserole with green beans then mashed potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until hot.