1/3 Photos of Rivka's Vol-au-Vents
This is my friend Rivka Woolf's recipe, in response to a request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry the onion in oil until golden, add the mushrooms and cook until soft.
- 2Add the mushroom cube dissolved in water.
- 3Cook a further few minutes, and add the cornflour paste to thicken, if needed.
- 4(Rivka's comment-- I like the consistency to be fairly thick and creamy, but if you prefer it thinner just add a little water.) To make the cases: Roll our the pastry and cut into circles with a cookie cutter-- you will need to make double the amount of circles than cases needed.
- 5Cut half the circles with a smaller circle cutter to make an O shape in the center.
- 6Brush a beaten egg on to the surface of the solid circles, then lay the O shaped circles on tipe and brush again with the egg.
- 7Bake on greaseproof paper or on oiled baking sheets at 350 degrees F till well risen and golden, about 1/2 an hour.
- 8Cool and fill with the warm filling and serve.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rivka's Vol-au-Vents
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.4
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 224.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 12.0 g