Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Another recipe from my beloved teacher, Rivka. This makes a vegetarian "kishke" that is excellent in cholent. I suspect it can be baked and eaten on its own, but I never have. If you have other ideas for it, please let me know
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats or 1⁄3 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon salt (or less)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Add the water and oil.
- Shape into a loaf, and wrap in foil.
- Place in a cholent pot and serve when the cholent is done.