Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I threw this together last night as a side dish and even though I say it myself , it turned out really well..i am posting it so i can remember what i did so i can do it again..LOL
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- To ensure the jasmine rice doesn't become sticky, soak the rice in water for 10 mins, rinse and drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over med heat and add the onion and pepper and saute until soft.
- Add the rice and cook for a furthur 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, stir then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
i fixed this to go with dinner a few nights ago. it was cheap, easy, and quick to prepare. i used jasmine brown rice, and substituted dried minced onion for the onion. it came out tasty, yet soggy. i don't blame the recipe for the sogginess; it's sometimes tough to tell how much liquid to use in my rice cooker. next time i'll use less (2 1/4 cups) chicken broth, and it'll be great!
thanks for posting.
made for the bargain basement tag game.