Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
This delicious glazed treat is good for breakfast or dessert. It is a frequent and welcome addition to our Sunday School breakfast buffet! From Quick Cooking magazine, but I have also seen this recipe in several other cookbooks as well...
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, sour cream, eggs and oil; beat well.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in.baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Carefully spread remaining batter on top. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over warm cake.
- Yield: 16-20 servings.