1/1 Photo of Rigatoni Mediterranean
1 hr 5 mins
From the July 2007 issue of Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 5 1/2 cups eggplants, diced and peeled (about 1 large)
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 cups sweet onions, thinly sliced (about 1 large onion)
- 3/4 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, fresh and grated
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
- 3Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant to pan and saute about 6 minutes, or until lightly browned. Drain on a paper towel.
- 4Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic to pan and and cook no more than 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add onion, zucchini, and scallions to pan. Cook about 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add chopped basil, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simer about 15 minutes.
- 6Combine pasta, eggplant, and tomato mixture in a large bowl; stir in shredded mozzarella. Transfer to a 13x9" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 7Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan. Cover and bake at 350 for 15 minutes; uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni Mediterranean
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.4
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.5 mg
- Sodium 649.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: