Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
There is this wonderful Italian restaurant in town, Cappetto's, and this is one of their signature dishes. I enjoyed this and told the waiter how wonderful it was. To my surprise the chef came to our table and gave me the simple recipe. This recipe is for 2; however, can be easily adapted for more. Any tube pasta will work great for this dish; penne, rigatoni, etc. Garnish with a couple of fresh jalapeno slices.
- 4 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 scallions, white and green tops, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 medium jalapenos, sliced in half, seeded and sliced
- 2 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package, drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large saute pan, add the sliced scallions and tomatoes; cook for a few minutes until onions are wilted and tomatoes warm.
- Stir in the sliced jalapenos, drained pasta and cheese, stirring to mix.
- When cheese has melted, add the chopped basil and generous amounts of fresh black pepper, adding salt to taste.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and a jalapeno slice or 2 for garnish.
This is one of those meals that you can't wait to have again! Even my kids loved it and they are really picky eaters. I look forward to making this for my mom and dad when then come to visit. I am sure they will love it as much as we do! I used shredded Mozzarella to speed up the melting of the cheese and it worked great!
Yum! I quadrupled the recipe and was glad I did. Loved the addition of fresh mozzarella and Swiss, also lots of jalapeños which added flavor but not excessive heat. A quick dinner with lots of fresh ingredients that make the dish extra special. Thanks for sharing, Paula!
this is an awesome dish really liked it the swiss cheese really puts it over the top