Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
the Oyster Candy recipe inspired this, and so did the re-reading of the Cream Cheese mints! I still don't know if I have gone too far over the top!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar (approx)
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄4 cup crushed pecans
- Soften cream cheese and add the marmalade and extracts.
- Blend well.
- Add confectioner's sugar until the mixture begins to be firm and dry enough not to stick to your hands. (This can be done inside a ziploc gallon bag if you like.)
- Make small balls and place on a baking sheet and chill in the fridge briefly while you prepare the choc and nuts.
- Melt the chocolate bars in a double boiler at moderate heat until just soft enough to blend and stir.
- Crush the pecans finely.
- Dip the molded cream cheese balls in the melted choc, return to the baking sheet.
- Do them quickly enough and you can sprinkle the pecans over them all at one go.
- Let set and wrap or store in paper cups in a tin.
- Refrigerate if you won't be eating them soon.