Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is the 3rd place winning recipe from the "Saltscapes" recipe contest, egg entrée category - once again, simply delicious -
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped, thawed, and squeezed dry
- 9 large eggs
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms in butter for about 5 minutes until most of the liquid is gone. Add grated zucchini and diced sweet red pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic, ham and green onions to the pan, and stir well. Stir in spinach and remove pan from heat to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs and ricotta. Stir in parmesan, olive oil, dill, salt and pepper. Add the vegetable mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour into a greased 12x8 inch pan and bake at 350F for 35 minutes, until set in the center. Alternatively, you can use a large quiche dish; it will be thicker so allow an extra 10 minutes of baking. Cool 5 minutes before cutting.
Really enjoyed this recipe. Made a couple changes by increasing the ham abit and added chopped banana peppers & dash(es) of hot sauce to the egg mixture. I also added some shredded cheese part way through cooking time. Great recipe, thanks for sharing.