Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from the Williams Sonoma website. They recommend serving it with a fruit compote rather than maple syrup.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ricotta, milk, egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest and juice until smooth.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and 1/8 tsp.
- of the salt over the ricotta mixture.
- Stir until just combined.
- In another large bowl beat the egg whites until frothy.
- Add the remaining 1/8 tsp.
- salt and continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold one-third of the egg whites into the ricotta mixture, then gently fold in the remaining whites.
- Preheat a griddle over medium heat.
- Spray the griddle with cooking spray.
- Ladle 1/3 cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on top and the pancakes are golden underneath, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for 1 more minute.
I've never made ricotta pancakes and these were very tasty, not too heavy and were great with fresh blueberries and a little syrup. I didn't have cake flour so used regular flour and they turned out fine.
I made this for the guys at work. They are simple eaters, but they LOVED this! A++