Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I stumbled on these cookies along time ago, when I was looking to fill Christmas baskets. They are truly wonderful and sinfully rich.
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 226.79 g butter (no substitutions)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 946.36 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 453.59 g container ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat eggs in one at a time.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add the ricotta cheese.
- **Usually here I add butterscotch chips or chips of your liking (raspberry chips are my favorite).
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Frost if desired.
Wonderful little tea-cake like cookies. So rich, and the best vanilla flavor ever! Definitely a keeper that will be a wonderful addition to my Christmas cookie baskets, and so easy too! Thank you so much for posting this one. :-)
This is very good but let me emphasize again- it is cake-like! If you love cake you will love it. It is like having little individual pieces of cake. You will need a havy duty mixer as it put a big strain on my regular one. The most important thing to know in choosing this "cookie" is one more time- "it is CAKE-LIKE".
We really enjoyed these cookies. They came out puffy, moist and cake-like, and they are not overly sweet. I didn't add any chips or nuts, but I did add a drop of lemon extract. Yummy! Thanx for posting these cookies; I'll make them again.