Recipe by rickscott
This is really basic, but turns out well every time. I'm sure all of the readers can add their own touches to make it their own. I think the Franco American brand gravies are now Campbell's.
- 3 lbs beef round steak
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef gravy, Franco American
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced (thinly)
- 1 (2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mushrooms (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix gravy, soup, and water in a bowl. Place all ingredients except mushrooms in crock pot. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Add mushrooms during the last half hour. Add Kitchen Bouquet to color if gravy is too pale.
- Serve gravy over rice or mashed potatoes.
- Use 1 can mushroom gravy in place of mushroom soup.
- Use cream of celery soup in place of mushroom soup.