Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is really basic, but turns out well every time. I'm sure all of the readers can add their own touches to make it their own. I think the Franco American brand gravies are now Campbell's.
- 3 lbs beef round steak
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef gravy, Franco American
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced (thinly)
- 1 (2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mushrooms (optional)
- Mix gravy, soup, and water in a bowl. Place all ingredients except mushrooms in crock pot. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Add mushrooms during the last half hour. Add Kitchen Bouquet to color if gravy is too pale.
- Serve gravy over rice or mashed potatoes.
- Use 1 can mushroom gravy in place of mushroom soup.
- Use cream of celery soup in place of mushroom soup.
My husband and I enjoyed this recipe. I cooked it on HIGH for 5 hours it was perfectly tender and delicious. I left out the mushrooms as we don't care for them. Thank you.
This was very good, but for some reason the meat was a little too chewy, which I'm not sure why cuz it marinated for 8 hours in that wonderful sauce. Other than that this was very good.
I didn't have the beef gravy on hand and instead added a can of beef broth whisked with some flour and omitted the extra water. This was a flavorful and simple main dish served with baked potatoes and salad on a very busy night.