Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From the Foodcourt column, Weekend. The cooking time is a guesstimate.
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons white pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 kg chicken, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 4 tablespoons onions, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plain cashews, ground
- 2 teaspoons garam masala powder
- butter, for basting
- oil, for basting
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine together the eggs, pepper powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, salt and oil in a deep bowl.
- Whisk this mixture well.
- Add the chicken mince and mix well.
- Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Add ginger, onions, corriander and mint leaves, nuts and garam masala and mix well.
- Divide equally into 20 portions.
- Wrap and mould 2 portions on each skewer using wet hands.
- Keep 3-4 cm space between each portion.
- Prepare 10 skewers in this way.
- Barbecue till golden brown in colour.
- Baste with oil.
- Roast again for a few minutes.
- Remove from skewers.
- Brush a little butter on the kebabs.
- Serve with fresh cut onion rings, green chillies (slit lengthwise) and lemon wedges!