Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are very rich and easy to make. This works best with cool room and hands. Can be easily doubled!
- Heat cream and butter over medium heat add chocolate remove from heat stirring till melted and smooth adding the Grand Marnier stirring all the time.
- If it lumps up it will smooth out keep stirring.
- Cover and cool in the refrigerator 4 hours or over night till firm.
- Using a melon baller or teaspoon making 3/4 inch size balls rolling into cocoa or sugar.
- I like to put them into the mini paper or foil muffin cups.
- Nice for a gift giving.
Rita just wonderful! Very rich and chocolatey and yummy! My camera is not working right now or i would donate a photo for your collection! I did use coconut rum instead of grand marnier just for personal preferance. Wonderful!
In the instructions for making these heavenly truffles Rita wrote: 6. Nice for a gift giving. Yeah, right, like I'm going to be giving these away when I can start shoving them in my mouth I Love Lucy style. These were absolutely orgasmic! I've actually never had much success with truffles, they never seem to firm up enough to stay in ball shape, but I managed to get around it this time. Instead of adding the Grand Marnier, I used an orange liqueur flavored chocolate. The truffles were firm enough to roll, and kept their shape even a few hours after taking them out of the fridge. Maybe one day I'll make them as gifts, but in the meantime, mine, all mine!