Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe which I created using both White Bread Flour and 100% Whole Spelt Flour. I am posting it here so that I will not lose the recipe and so that others can try it as well. My DH likes whole wheat bread and I prefer white. This was created to please both of us. Tonight it is being served with Sausage Soup. Preparation time is your labor not including ABM mixing and rising.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup whole grain spelt flour
- 2 2⁄3-3 cups white bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- Set your ABM to the dough setting.
- Put the wet ingredients into your machine.
- Put the dry ingredients except for the yeast on top of the wet ingredients.
- Make a small hole in the top of your flour.
- Place the yeast in the hole of the flour.
- Start machine.
- When the cycle is finished removed dough and punch down gently.
- Form into loaf or rolls.
- Place shaped bread on greased pan of your choice.
- Spray the top of the loaf with spray oil.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped with fist.
- Remove the bread from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
- If you want a soft crust cover the bread lightly with a clean dish cloth until cool.