Top Review by AcadiaTwo
I cheated and used pre-made graham cracker tart sized pans. I also after making one with the lemon filling, chose to make the rest with chocolate syrup added to the mixture. I much preferred the chocolate ones over the lemon filling. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.
- 2 cups chocolate graham crackers (appr. 20, finely ground)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons margarine, Melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or imitation)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, Softened
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix Crackers (finely ground) and Brown sugar until well blended.
- Add Margarine and Vanilla, Stir until all crumbs are moistened.
- Press mixture into a 9 in pie plate, starting with the bottom and working up the sides. Make sure to pack tightly and evenly.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes. (depending on how firm and crisp you want it).
- Let cool Completely before putting filling into it.
- Beat Cream Cheese, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Lemon Juice in a large bowl, until creamy and well mixed.
- Fold in Cool whip. (mixture will be thick, Make sure cool whip is completely blended in).
- scoop into crust and smooth.
- Refrigerate 3 hours until set.
- If desired, right before serving: top with cool whip, chocolate syrup, or fruit of your choice.