Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Enjoy a heartwarming mugful of this rich, creamy all-time favorite.
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (I used real vanilla)
- In 3 quart saucepan melt chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar, water and salt.
- Cook over med. heat, stirring constantly with wire whisk, until mixture comes to a full boil (4 to 5 min)
- Boil, stirring constantly, 2 minute
- Stir in milk and whipping cream.
- Continue cooking over med. heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through (12 to 15 min). DO NOT BOIL.
- Add vanilla. B.
- eat with wire whisk or rotary beater until frothy.
- Pour into mugs.
This was really, really good, and not toooo rich or sweet. Good balance of ingredients. Will have again, as we are going into the colder weather, finally. Thnx for posting, Chemaine. Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.