Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Decadent and delicious. Pack them in a pretty tin and give as a gift. Prep time does not include cooling and refrigeration time
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 16 ounces chocolate syrup
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 10 drops green food coloring
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°; grease a 16x11-inch jelly roll pan or baking pan, dust it with flour and invert to shake out excess flour.
- For brownies: In a large bowl, beat the eggs and gradually beat in the sugar; add the butter and chocolate syrup, blend and stir in the flour; turn the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes; cool in the pan while you prepare the frosting.
- Mint Frosting: Beat the butter, sugar and milk together until fluffy; stir in the peppermint extract and food coloring; mix thoroughly; spread the mixture over the brownies after they have cooled completely, refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Chocolate glaze: Melt the butter and chocolate chips together over very low heat; spread on top of the mint frosting then refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into small squares with a small sharp knife, wiping the knife blade clean after each cut.
My co-workers LOVED this recipe. The brownie part looked too thin to me at first, so I thought I did something wrong, but when paired wtih the frosting and choclate chip layer, it's the perfect size! Cut into mini squares, it's great frozen; just like a thin mint cookie, but better!